By Richard Dupont
For food lovers no occasion is ever complete without food. How can foodies afford to miss the lip smacking barbeques and the wonderful desserts on Fourth of July? Cakes, barbeque, salads, desserts are all an essential part of Fourth of July celebrations. Here are some lip smacking recipes to try out this Independence Day.
Blueberry and White Chocolate Cheese Cake Pie
1 c Hazelnuts -- Roasted/Ground
1/2 c Brown Sugar
4 tb Butter -- Melted
4 oz White Chocolate -- finely
8 oz Cream Cheese -- softened
1/4 c Sour Cream
2 c Blueberries
1/4 c Sugar
White Chocolate Shavings
Line bottom of a 9-inch tart pan with parchment paper.
Mix crust ingredients and press into pan bottom and slightly up the sides. Chill.
Melt white chocolate in double boiler over hot but not boiling water. Stir constantly.
In a separate bowl, whip cream cheese for 3 minutes. Add the melted white chocolate; beat for another minute. Add sour cream; beat until very smooth.
Using a star tip and pastry bag, pipe filling to the crust in concentric circles, starting in the center. Fill entire crust; chill until firm.
For the topping:
Toss the blueberries with the 1/4 cup sugar and heap them on top of the filling. Garnish with white chocolate shavings.
3 to 4 lbs. ribs cut into pieces
1 cup tomato paste
1 tsp. salt
1 large onion
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. chili powder
1 1/2 cup coffee
2 cups water
Place ribs in the roasting pan. Place a slice of lemon and onion on each rib. Roast in oven at 450 degrees for about half an hour. Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over ribs. Reduce heat to 350 degrees. Bake until the chicken becomes tender. It takes about one hour approximately. Baste ribs every 15 minutes to get the perfect flavor.
Spaghetti Salad II
• 1 pound spaghetti
• 1 head fresh broccoli, chopped small
• 1 head cauliflower, finely chopped
• 2 large cucumbers, finely chopped
• 2 (6 ounce) cans black olives, drained and halved
• 1 (16 ounce) bottle zesty Italian dressing
• 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
• 1 tablespoon salad seasoning mix
1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti until al-dente, rinse and cool. Add the pasta to a large bowl and mix with the chopped broccoli, cauliflower and cucumbers.
2. Add the ranch salad dressing mix and zesty Italian dressing to the spaghetti and vegetables and sprinkle with the Salad Seasoning. Mix well and add more seasoning to taste. Before serving add the black olives. For added color halved cherry tomatoes may be added.
Richard Dupont writes on holidays and global events like http://www.123greetings.com Father's Day, Mother's Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, valentine's Day etc. He also writes on family, relationships, religion, love and friendship. He is a writer with special interest in ecard industry and writes for http://www.123greetings.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Richard_Dupont http://EzineArticles.com/?Fourth-Of-July-Recipes&id=602563
Find quality Royalty-Free Photos
at Paragon Grafix.com
Watch a presentation of Amy and Lonnie's Home Based Business at Create My Success!