Potato And Mayo Salad
The secret to a good potato salad is to mix the dressing in while the potato is still hot.
1 kg Potatoes, cut into cubes
2 Chopped Onions
1 Green chill
30 ml Sunflower oil
30 ml White vinegar
15 ml Mustard powder
250 ml Mayonnaise
1 Bunch chopped fresh coriander
10 ml Peri peri
5 ml Salt
5 ml Black pepper
Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain potatoes and dry lightly with absorbent paper.
Shop onions and add to potatoes; leave aside.
Whisk together chilli, oil, vinegar, mustard powder, mayonnaise, coriander, peri-peri, salt and pepper.
Toss and lightly mix into potatoes.
Serve chilled with braised chops or grilled fish.
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Potato And Mayo Salad
Thursday, January 21, 2010
(A tangy, sticky, Moroccan-flavored dish)
1 Large Chicken, cleaned and cut into small pieces, drained salt to taste.
5 ml Whit pepper
2 Sliced onions
5 Cinamon sticks
3 Whole cloves
15ml Chicken spice
15ml Peri peri
30ml Ginger and garlic paste
20ml Lemon juice
200g Pitted dates
1 Finely grated rind of an orange.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat butter and oil in a pot and brown chicken portions well.
Remove from pot, stir in onions and braise until golden. Add all remaining ingredients to pot except the dates, chicken and orange rind.
Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat. Add chicken, dates and ring to pot. Cover and simmer for 30 - 40 minutes.
Note: It is important that the lid of the pot fits well. If not, place a layer of foil between pot and lid.
Serve with yellow rice.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
A Bullet To The Head:
(The name says it all. Drink with caution and be sure to have adesignated driver)
1 cup Ice
1 oz. Vodka
1 oz. Light rum
1 oz. Tequila
1 oz. Gin
1½ oz. Sweet and sour mix
3 oz. Cola
Put ice in a blender. Blend until ice is crushed. Add all the other ingredients and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Posted by Shamil Omar at 6:52 PM
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Sweet & Salty Nuts:-
(An appetising snack before a meal)
250g Balanced almonds
¼ Cup sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Ground cinnamon
Pinch Ground cloves
½ Teaspoon Curry powder
¼ Teaspoon Ground cumin
½ Teaspoon Ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Put almonds and pecans on a large baking tray and bake until goled and crisp, usually takes 5 - 10 minutes.
Remove and allow it to cool.
Mix the sugar, salt and spices in a bowl.
Mix almonds and pecans in a large heated frying pan. Add the spice mixture over the heated nuts.
Cook while stirring over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
They should turn golden. Heat more is necessary.
Sugar must melt and coat nuts.
Shake the frying pan often so that the nuts cook evenly. Using a wooden spoon, separate the nuts if they stick together.
Once the nuts are cooked, remove them from the heat and spread them on a lightly oiled baking tray to cool.
Serve in a snack bowl with a chilled glass of red wine.
Posted by Shamil Omar at 6:49 PM
Monday, January 18, 2010
By Mary J West
Chicken casserole recipes are a wonderfully filling and versatile choice for your family meals. Chicken combined with pasta or rice, vegetables and seasonings can produce some "stick to your ribs" kind of dishes. These recipes often include dairy products such as cheese, sour cream and cream based soups which greatly add to the "yum" quotient. Here are some choices that you will enjoy.
Chicken with Broccoli Casserole
Have you used curry in your chicken recipes? It is a healthy spice that imparts good flavor.
4 chicken breasts.2 or 3 (10 oz.) boxes frozen broccoli
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 c. mayonnaise.1/2 tsp. curry powder
1 c. soft bread crumbs (or cracker
2 tbsp. melted butter
1 tbsp. lemon juice
4 oz. pkg. shredded cheese
Cook broccoli and arrange in baking dish. Add chicken pieces. Mix soup, mayonnaise, lemon and curry powder. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese, crumbs and paprika. Bake 1/2 hour at 350 degrees.
Chicken Pot Pie
Here is a nice version of chicken pot pie using flaky biscuits.
2 (10 3/4 oz.) cans cream of broccoli
1 c. milk
1/4 tsp. thyme leaves, crushed
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 c. cooked cut up vegetables
(broccoli, carrots, potatoes, etc.)
2 c. cubed cooked chicken or turkey
1 (10 oz.) can Hungry Jack flaky
In 3 quart baking dish, combine soup, milk, thyme and pepper.
1. Stir in vegetables and chicken.
2. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until mixture begins to bubble.
Meanwhile, cut each biscuit into quarters. 3. Remove dish from oven; stir. Arrange biscuit pieces over hot chicken mixture. Bake 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
The possibilities for meals using chicken casserole recipes are almost endless.http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Mary_J_West
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Marie biscuit pudding:-
This recipe is quick and easy to make.
2 Packets Marie Biscuits
500ml Fresh Cream
2 cups Milk
Grated chocolate to decorate
Beat the fresh cream until soft peaks appear at the surface. An electric beater may be used. Soak the biscuits in the milk and place one layer in a 20cmx20cm Ca
Saturday, January 16, 2010
100g Cooking Chocolate
300ml Fresh Cream
Beat freshcream until thick. Melt the chocolate. Once chocolate is melted, fold into freshcream. Place mixture into a glass dish or into wine glasses and put it in the fridge until set.
Friday, January 15, 2010
Mini-Pies With Sour Cream Pastry:-
(a soft delicious pastry with slight layers)
750ml Cake flour
250g Butter, cut into small blocks
250ml Sour cream
1 Medium onion, finely chopped
5ml Cumin powder
5ml Cayenne pepper
5ml Coriander spice
10ml Garlic and ginger paste
50ml Fresh coriander, finely chopped.
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease 2 baking trays; keep them aside.
Sift flour and salt twice. Rub butter into flour mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs. Pour all the sour cream into the flour mixture at once and mix into a firm dough.
Use your hands to bind the pastry. Do not add water. Bring together and cover with plastic. Leave to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes. Roll and fold three times. Allow the pastry to rest. Roll and fold twice more and use as required.
Rinse and drain mince in a colander. (Never leave mince in water as it will be waterlogged).
In a pot, braise onions in a little bit of oil until it is golden. Add mince and mix well. Add spices, garlic and ginger and blend well. Braise mince till done and fairly dry. Add the fresh coriander and mix it well.
Use a flower cutter to cut the pastry into rounds. Fill each round with filling and cover with another round of pastry as for pies. Brush with egg and sprinkle them with poppy seeds.
Bake at 200°C for 15 minutes abd then at 180°C until they are golden.
Note: This pastry improves with standing and can be made 3 - 4 days in advance. It may also be frozen for up to 6 months.
Makes 15 - 20
(Crispy, flavoursome and succulent).
500g Cake flour
1 Packet instant dry yeast
180ml Lukewarm water (approximate)
1 Onion, chopped
500g Chicken mince
15ml Cajun spice
15ml Barbeque spics
10ml Garlic and ginger paste
Salt to taste
Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a baking tray with non-stick cooking spray
Sift flour, salt and sugar together. Sprinkle with yeast and mix through. Beat together egg and oil; add water and mix. Add to dry ingredients. Mix into a soft dough, adding more water if necessary.
On a table, knead dough until it is smooth and elastic. Lightly oil a clean bowl and place dough in it. Lightly smear the top of the dough with oil and cover with cling wrap. Place bowl in a warm place and allow dough to double in size - about 45 minutes. Once risen, knock down.
Divide dough into half. Take one half and roll into a sausage. Cut into small pieces and roll each piece into a smooth ball. Ball must be the size of a walnut. Allow balls to double in size.
On a lightly floured surface, flatten balls and with a round cutter, cut into even-sized rounds. Bake for about 5 - 7 minutes until baked through. Do not over-bake or they will be too brown and dry. A pita bread tends to be light in colour. Remove to cooling rack and cover with a damp cloth to keep them soft.
Heat oil in a large pan. Add onions and fry until soft and transparent. Add spices and chicken and fry for 8 - 10 minutes.
Cool chicken mixture and stir in mayinnaise.
When ready to surve, cut pitas in half, but not entirely through. Pile a chicken stir-fry into the pita pockets and serve immediately.
Note: Whilst shaping each pita, place on baking tray and cover pitas with a damp cloth to prevent them from rising too much. A tray of water can be placed at the bottom of the oven to create steam. This keeps the pitas soft.
Affiliate Programs: Make Money For Culinary Art School
- There are 9 different income streams built into your free niche market people-search engine website.
- A potential profit of $30 from your own Niche Market PSE Website from each referral.
- Get $1 per month from GDI, per referral plus a weekly bonus of $100 for every 5 referrals per week when they become a paying member. (Check your GDI back office for weekly bonus qualifications.)
- Generate potential income when someone visits your search engine and clicks on Google Adsense.
- Earn cash promoting Click Bank products. When you sign-up for the free Affiliate program your PSE website will have Click Bank Products related to your PSE website.
- Make money when someone joins Mylife Lead reconnecting with someone in their past.
- Earn High Commissions when you promote and sell HD Publishing affiliate products
- Earn High Commissions with A New Multi-Viral Affiliate Marketing Opportunity (GVO) Global Virtual Opportunities
- Earn more Affiliate Commissions with One of the world's top 10 largest web hosting companies Hostgator.
- NEW- Now you can earn even more Affiliate Commissions with one of the top global leaders in Affiliate Marketing, Online Marketing and Search Engine Marketing - Commission Junction
- You will be an affiliate to the best of the best online businesses such as ClickBank, Google, Net Detective, Reunion, and GDI! Providing you with immediate income
- 30% of all searches on Google and Yahoo are people search related
- Tissa will advertise your search engine by providing you with 30 qualified hits each month from his own paid google & yahoo advertising campaigns
- Earn Affiliate commission with A Global Leader in Affiliate Marketing, Online Marketing and Search Engine Marketing
- Earn up to $30 per referral with your very own niche people search engine plus experience residual income.
- Residual wealth through GDI
- Affiliatize - You are just signing up for Clickbank, HD publishing and My Life in this step and that is multiple streams of income. Sign up with all of them is free!
- Monetize - This is where you become an affiliate of GDI (Global Domains International). You host your search engine on a domain name that you choose when you become an affiliate with GDI. And, Start Earning Residual Income from GDI. I will Help you to grow your GDI Income.
- Advertise - You get 30 days free trial to experience residual income. You should go for it. You will be benefited by that.