By Bek Davis
Here is a melt in your mouth Greek Turkey Burger. This recipe is a low fat version of they typical beef burger. The combination of flavors will pop in your mouth.
* Crusty Hard Rolls
* 1 pound of ground Turkey
* 1/2 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
* 3 T. Olive Oil
* 2 T. Garlic, minced
* 3 T. Oregano, chopped
* Juice of 1/2 real lemon
* Salt and Pepper, to taste
* Red Onion, sliced (garnish)
* Lettuce, shredded (garnish)
* Tomato, sliced (garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 400*
2. Crumble your feta into small pieces
3. Chop your garlic and oregano
4. Mix ground beef with feta cheese, garlic, oregano, and salt & pepper. Be sure not to overmix, or your patties will become tough like a sponge. Form into patties.
5. Place olive oil into medium high heated skillet. Add turkey patties. Cook until they reach an internal temperature of 180*. Be sure to flip so both sides brown. Once complete, squirt the juice of 1/2 lemon all of them. Turn off heat & cover.
6. Toast your rolls in preheated oven. Remove when done.
7. Slice your lettuce, onions, and tomatoes.
8. Assemble as you would a burger. (see condiment suggestions below)
1. Kalamata Olive Spread - chopped kalamata olives mixed with cream cheese
2. Garlic aioli - mayonnaise, chopped garlic, and lemon juice
Bek Davis (Chef Bek) is a trained chef and a work at home mom. You can find more recipes, cooking tips, and mom resources on her highly recommended websites:
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Bek_Davis
Find quality Royalty-Free Photos
at Paragon Grafix.com
Watch a presentation of Amy and Lonnie's Home Based Business at Create My Success!