By Michelle Dudley
The school year is over, the streets are alive with active children going to the pool, the park, riding their bikes and skateboards with friends. With this much fun going on it makes it hard to make sure they are getting enough good things to eat. So why not follow the spirit of summer and make fun good-for-you treats?
1 Cup sweetened dry cereal
3 firm bananas
3/4 Cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil or waxed paper. Place cereal in plastic bag. Tie bag and crush with rolling pin. Put crushed cereal on waxed paper and set aside. Peel bananas and cut in half width wise. Insert a popsicle stick into cut end. Set aside on cookie sheet.
Place water in the bottom of a double boiler. Place the pot over medium heat on stove. When water begins to simmer lower heat but keep water simmering. Place chocolate chips in top of double boiler. Melt chips, stirring occasionally. (chips can also be melted in a microwave, on high for 30 seconds, then another 15 seconds).
Once chips have melted, dip banana into chocolate using a wooden spoon to help cover banana completely.Roll the banana in the crushed cereal and put on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining bananas.
Freeze for 3 hours or overnight.
Hard Boiled Eggs
Raisins, carrots or other vegetables
Slice off the base of a peeled hard-cooked egg so that it will stand up.
Cut ear 'shapes' from piece of celery and carefully insert into top sides of egg to make bunny ears.
Use bits of carrot, or raisins to form eyes. Make small slits into the egg to place eyes. Do the same for nose.
You can use slices of green onion for whiskers.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
2 c. Strawberries
1 c. Milk
1 c. Plain yogurt
Blend all ingredients and enjoy.
Ants on a Log
Spread peanut butter (or almond butter) onto celery sticks
and decorate with raisins or dried cranberries. It looks like "ants on a log".
(If you use cranberries, you can call it "lady bugs on a log")
blueberries and raspberries
fresh mint leaves
Use a sliced banana for the center of the flower and surround with raspberries
or blueberries. Use the mint leaves for the stem.
2 slices bread
celery stalk cut in half
2 small carrot sticks
2 cherry tomatoes
Cut the sandwich into wing shapes by cutting in half. Place a celery stalk
between the halves. Use carrot sticks for the antennae with cherry tomatoes as the ends.
Edible Veggie Bowls
1 green, yellow, or red pepper, washed
1 bunch of celery, washed
1 carrot, washed and peeled
your favorite salad dressing
Cut the pepper in half (from side to side). Clean out the seeds and gunk from the inside.
Now you have two pieces. One will be your pepper-shaped bowl.
Cut the other half of the pepper into skinny slices.
Cut the carrot into skinny sticks about 4" long.
Cut celery into skinny sticks so each one is about 4" long.
Put a little salad dressing in the bottom of your pepper bowl.
Put celery sticks, carrot sticks, and pepper slices into the pepper bowl.
Let your child help you make snacks by letting them gather ingredients, let them measure, also by letting them add them. Ask your child to read the recipe to you and let them pick out the snack recipes. Now if you can only get them to clean their room!
Michelle Dudley runs http://www.gotdudley.com where she is always looking for unique Food and Drink articles, feel free to contact her if you have an article on the subject at email@example.com
Visit her product catalog here http://www.usfreeads.com/catalogs/324124
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Michelle_Dudley
Find quality Royalty-Free Photos
at Paragon Grafix.com
Watch a presentation of Amy and Lonnie's Home Based Business at Create My Success!
Friday, June 15, 2007
By Michelle Dudley
Affiliate Programs: Make Money For Culinary Art School
- There are 9 different income streams built into your free niche market people-search engine website.
- A potential profit of $30 from your own Niche Market PSE Website from each referral.
- Get $1 per month from GDI, per referral plus a weekly bonus of $100 for every 5 referrals per week when they become a paying member. (Check your GDI back office for weekly bonus qualifications.)
- Generate potential income when someone visits your search engine and clicks on Google Adsense.
- Earn cash promoting Click Bank products. When you sign-up for the free Affiliate program your PSE website will have Click Bank Products related to your PSE website.
- Make money when someone joins Mylife Lead reconnecting with someone in their past.
- Earn High Commissions when you promote and sell HD Publishing affiliate products
- Earn High Commissions with A New Multi-Viral Affiliate Marketing Opportunity (GVO) Global Virtual Opportunities
- Earn more Affiliate Commissions with One of the world's top 10 largest web hosting companies Hostgator.
- NEW- Now you can earn even more Affiliate Commissions with one of the top global leaders in Affiliate Marketing, Online Marketing and Search Engine Marketing - Commission Junction
- You will be an affiliate to the best of the best online businesses such as ClickBank, Google, Net Detective, Reunion, and GDI! Providing you with immediate income
- 30% of all searches on Google and Yahoo are people search related
- Tissa will advertise your search engine by providing you with 30 qualified hits each month from his own paid google & yahoo advertising campaigns
- Earn Affiliate commission with A Global Leader in Affiliate Marketing, Online Marketing and Search Engine Marketing
- Earn up to $30 per referral with your very own niche people search engine plus experience residual income.
- Residual wealth through GDI
- Affiliatize - You are just signing up for Clickbank, HD publishing and My Life in this step and that is multiple streams of income. Sign up with all of them is free!
- Monetize - This is where you become an affiliate of GDI (Global Domains International). You host your search engine on a domain name that you choose when you become an affiliate with GDI. And, Start Earning Residual Income from GDI. I will Help you to grow your GDI Income.
- Advertise - You get 30 days free trial to experience residual income. You should go for it. You will be benefited by that.